VehoGroup won the Excellence in Technology and Innovation at this years Wales Transport Awards, which was kindly sponsored by PETRONAS PLI. We caught up with them after their win to find out a bit more:
1. How did it feel to win an award at the Wales Transport Awards?
It was an amazing experience, and completely unexpected.
2. How did you find the experience of the Awards night?
It was a wonderful night. Everyone was very welcoming and inclusive. The food and service were excellent, and the venue was outstanding.
3. How do you strive to make a difference in the Welsh transport business market?
We want to help give Welsh transport businesses a competitive edge. We believe the key to this is technology.
Transportation is constantly evolving, and we see the move to electric vehicles over the next 5 to 10 years as one of the biggest challenges for the industry. We are already looking at what innovations we can develop that will aid the transition to electric.
4. What are your goals for the next 12 months?
Our goal is to register 3000 new vehicles on the system over the next 12 months and increase our footprint in Wales.
Our current customer base is predominantly in England, despite operating from Wales. Welsh companies currently make up around 5% of our customers. We are looking to double this, whilst also improving our reach into Europe.
5. What one piece of advice would you give to those trying to break into the Welsh transport industry?
Embrace technology. Listen to your customers. The industry is constantly evolving, and we all need to adapt to the changes.